Thursday, June 19, 2014

PhpMyAdmin and Memcache

I have come across this issue several times on a cpanel server.
Cannot start session without errors in phpMyAdmin

I found that we could only temporarily fixed this issue. Phpmyadmin has to work with sessions in files and it is not developed to work with memcache. So to avoid problems edit the file: libraries/session.inc.php


1. Include this line at the top of the file:

ini_set(‘session.save_path’, “/tmp/”);

2. Uncomment line (line around 74)

ini_set(‘session.save_handler’, ‘files’);

1 comment:

  1. I am having the same problem here... After I enabled memcache session handling in PHP, I can't connect anymore to phpmyadmin. It's due to incompatibility between phpmyadmin own session handling mechanism and memcache.

    You can disable memcache session handling by putting at the top of your phpmyadmin config.inc.php:

    ini_set('session.save_path', '');
    ini_set('session.save_handler', 'files');

    ReplyDelete